Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You Are More

This is a song by the band Tenth Avenue North. This first video is from one of their concerts and I really like what he says about the song in it. (And it hilarious! Made me want to watch Batman again.)











So I was thinking about what Mike (the lead singer) said about how what we do does not define us. And I totally agree with him. But, it depends on what your point of view is. If you are talking about how God looks at us he is 100% right. There is not one thing you can do to undo what Christ did on Calvary. We are saved by GRACE through FAITH in CHRIST. God doesn't look at your past, to Him it never happened. And to me that is the beauty of Salvation. God can take something ugly and make it beautiful, make it new. It's like the chalkboard behind the band. I really like the part of the song that says: "'Cause this is not about what you've done; But what's been done for you; This is not about where you've been; But where you're brokenness brings you to; This is not about what you feel but what He felt to forgive you; And what He felt to make you new." I really think that sums up the whole song to me.

But it is also true that if you are looking at it from the world's perspective what you do does define you. I think some people try to bury their heads in the sand and say it doesn't matter what the world thinks or they try to escape the world. But here's the thing, we live in the world. It may not be our home but we live here for now. And it's our job as Followers of Christ to be a light for Him. And while it doesn't matter what the world thinks of us, we have to make sure we are projecting the image of Christ. I hate to say that our image matters but to the world it does. They are always looking for that one time when we make a mistake and stumble.
So what about you? If someone looked at you would they see Christ? Or would they see the world? I can honestly say that if someone looked at me they would not always see Christ. But I hope and pray that God can use me despite my failings.

God Bless!
~~Guinevere

No comments:

Post a Comment