Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day Pt. 1

Here are pics of my first snow day! (please don't copy them. thanks!)
This first one is the footprints one of the cats left on the back porch. She wanted to go out so I opened the door and she stepped out there. Then she realized that the snow didn't get any better farther from the door so she turned around using as few steps as possible and JUMPED all the way back inside. I don't know if you can really tell how far it was but it was from the furthest prints. I just thought it was funny. This cat is one that really likes to spend time outside so I think she's getting cabin fever pretty bad.


Here's my Lucy Bug! All ready in her hand knitted collar. (Which my scarf matches!) Please excuse the laundry baskets and muddy paw prints. School keeps me so busy a lot of times I end up washing my clothes but never get a chance to fold them. lol! :P And this kind of weather means lots of doggy tracks all through the house! Yay! :/


Here's the view of the five acres.


Here's some of my little goats. Well, they are in the dog house. lol! I don't think they had ventured out yet. At least they get along and don't kick anyone out in this weather.


Here's Lucy's kiddy pool. In warm weather I fill it with water and she'll just lay down in it. When I was out feeding the goats last night she got in it. Not sure what she was thinking. lol!


You can't really see it in this pic but I thought the way the snow had drifted was so pretty.


When I took this picture I totally didn't think it would turn out. I had set the camera on the ground and took the pic from there. But then I was looking at them after I loaded them onto my computer and I thought it looked so cool!


So I just had to photoshop it. I used Picnik, it's a free online photo editing site. And I thought it turned out pretty good!


Lucy's checking something out. Looks like a plant to me. lol!


Now she's got snow on her little nosy! Isn't she so cute? She says: "Hi everybody! I love the snow but it keeps getting packed betweed my toeses. And that's not fun! But my mommy tries to help get it out. Bye now! Got to go do some more splorin!"


Yes, I love my dog too much. But I don't care, she's like my daughter.
Well, I hope you all are staying warm and safe!

6 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures of Lucy. Our cats are not a bit happy about the snow, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol she probably got into the kiddie pool and was wishing for it to be warm all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pictures. And I love those of Lucy. We treat our dog the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This snow is a real pain but Lucy is a cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, thanks! Yeah, I think because snow is wet and cold most cats dislike it. lol!
    Kttycat, yeah, she probably was! She'll get in the water even when I think it's too cold to be swimming. lol!
    Karen, thank you! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. lol!
    Parsley, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience is loving the snow but not the fact that I've been to sick to play in it with her.

    ReplyDelete