Saturday, January 8, 2011

2010: A Year in Review

So I was looking back on my year today, it was a busy year full of ups and downs.

In January I started my last season of high school volleyball. It was a very fun season but also very bittersweet. We had an all girls team for the first time but I also got to play on a co-ed team for the tournament. It was fun to play with all my girl-friends and get the chance to do more hitting and stuff but I think I enjoy co-ed more. I also started the last semester of my senior year. I was probably already suffering from major senioritis. lol!
In February, nothing too exciting. I can't remember if we finished volleyball this month or the next. It all runs together! lol!
March, definitely done with volleyball. I did go to a medieval fair with some of my good friends. It was a lot of fun but there happened to be a cold snap that weekend. And I wore a dress! lol! We were all FREEZING by the end of the day.
April, I went to a homeschool 'prom'. (A lot of homeschoolers don't really like to call it prom, and I can see their point, so it was a 'Spring Formal'. ;) The girl I went with graduated with me and is one of my very best friends. It was so much fun just to get dressed up and drive there by ourselves (it was a couple of hours away). :)
May, I went on a 'senior trip' with my dad and my sister. We stayed in a cabin in Estes Park, Colorado. We brought my dogs and did a lot of hiking and things like that. It was so much fun! I love the mountains.
June, I had a graduation with my friend that I mentioned earlier. We did one just for the two of us. I really liked doing it that way, we were able to make it a lot more personal. I sang a song I wrote and my friend gave a nice speech. It was short and sweet! lol! In the middle of June I went to a Christian Leadership camp called Super Summer. As always, God taught me so much. It was amazing. The very last week of June I left on a mission trip to Seattle, Washington. We worked with a couple that is actually in Tacoma that used to live here, they are trying to start a church out there. We got back on the first of July.
So I was pretty ready to stay home for most of July. lol! I got the chance to do research at the university with my dad through a Summer research program. And the best part? I got payed!! lol! But it was a cool experience and it looks good on the resume. I've actually been continuing the research last semester and this semester.
August, I started college! It was a crazy change but I do like it. Nothing else too exciting happened though.
September, again, just busy with school and all that. In early September I handed down my 4-H crown. I won the 2009 4-H Queen contest for my county. It was really cool because the girl who won this year is from my homeschool group.
October, I turned 19! It's so weird that next I'll be 20. I won't be a teenager anymore! :/
November, fairly uneventful. Had a good time with family at Thanksgiving. But I did make my left pinkie-finger sore from knitting so much over the break! It was funny but at the same time not so funny because it really did hurt! lol! I may not hold the knitting needles properly. idk! :P
December was pretty good. VERY stressful at finals week. I'm pretty sure I only got an average of 3 or 4 hours of sleep all week. Not really very healthy. lol! Christmas break was good because I got to see some of my friends that I hadn't been able to hang out with because of school. But my Christmas was kind of dampened by the fact that my little dog Digory disappeared 3 days before Christmas. :( Needless to say this Christmas doesn't go on the list of favorites. I still haven't found him, most likely he ran into some coyotes or someone decided he'd make a good Christmas gift. He is a very sweet dog so it wouldn't surprise me if the latter is the case. But I'm still hoping and praying that he'll turn up. This is part of why I haven't posted sooner, I've been somewhat preoccupied for the past 2 weeks.
And now it's January! Where did 2010 go? It seems like the year just flew by. Do I have a New Year's resolution, you ask? Psh. No! lol! I always think about what I should resolve to do but I never really make a resolution. I guess I should resolve to post more frequently, eat healthier (especially since I'm taking a nutriton class this semester. :P), and probably other things like that.
So there is my year in review! I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas and New Years!

4 comments:

  1. Time does fly and what a busy year!! I still hurt for you over your loss of Digory. Sorry :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guinevere, your year was very full. I too, like Parsley am sorry about your dog. I hate to hear that.

    May this year be your best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry about Digory, Shelby told me at our family Christmas Eve gathering. I will say my dog Shelley disappeared once and was gone for a couple of weeks before someone saw in the paper we were looking for her. They had dogs and they were taking care of her. She has lost her collar so they didn't know she had a home. So it does happen and with the cold maybe someone has him inside or something. I will keep sending good thoughts and prayers that you can find him! I know losing a dog is so hard!!

    On a lighter note I still can't believe you are in college. I still think of you as my best friends LITTLE sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Lisa noted, sometimes they do show back up. I was so hoping the little dog we saw down the road the other day was Digory. I'll continue to keep my eye out for him.

    ReplyDelete